Power 88 KCEP
We engage, inform, and entertain our audience by providing a distinctive and thoughtful mix of news, public affairs, and music programming.
The vision of KCEP is to be the nucleus of the community by providing knowledge through dynamic programming, creating connections through effective partnerships, and actively engaging the community with a vital public radio presence.
Established in 1972, KCEP Power 88 is a public radio station serving the Southern Nevada community. For more than 45 years, KCEP has prospered thanks to the dedication and perseverance of a passionate community. KCEP, also known as “The People’s Station,” has a long history in the Las Vegas community, dating back to its humble beginnings at Nucleus Plaza (formerly the Golden West Shopping Center) in 1972 with just 10 watts. To compare, we are now 10,000 watts!
KCEP’s station operations and administrative offices are located at the Historic Westside School, a Historic Landmark on the National Registry. EOB manages KCEP and is also found in the historical school.
As well as being a community service of EOB, KCEP-FM also provides an eclectic blend of R&B, old school, hip hop, jazz, blues, gospel, reggae, and locally produced public affairs/cultural programs.
Throughout the Las Vegas valley, the station broadcasts on its frequency of 88.1 FM and throughout the world, with live on-air streaming on our new app. Download from your app store by searching Power 88 Las Vegas or logging onto www.power88lv.com or on tuneinradio.com.
KCEP receives funding from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB). CPB is a private, non-profit corporation created by the federal government (Congress) with the Public Broadcasting Act of 1967. CPB is the steward of the federal government’s investment in public broadcasting and the largest single source of funding for public radio, television, and related online and mobile services.
If you are looking to have KCEP at your event, advertise your business, or are a non-profit looking to share information, please get in touch with email@example.com for our current rates package.
KCEP provides programming that appeals to a mixture of listeners who:
- are extremely loyal and committed to the mission of the station
- have incomes that allow them to make spending decisions based on quality
- believe in paying for a quality lifestyle – and quality goods and services
- dislike the hype of commercials, and they appreciate the facts without the hype
Your business will:
- reach a high concentration of educated and savvy consumers when you underwrite announcements on Power 88.1 KCEP
- benefit from the association with a radio station known to listeners for putting quality first
- profit from exposure in a civilized, audience-friendly, and hype-free media environment – where your message can really be heard